Experimental stations of BL-27 are located inside the 'hot' laboratory where radioactive materials or samples including U or Th can be handled. BL-27B is an X-ray station (4 to 20 keV) which is one of the branch lines of BL-27. BL-27 has been co-operated by the Radiation Biology Users Group and Nuclear Science Research Users Group since FY2019.
- X-ray Microbeam irradiation system for radiobiology
- XAFS (transmission mode and fluorescent mode)
- The only microbeam irradiation system for radiobiology with synchrotron radiation.
- Biological sample preparation rooms are situated in this area.
- Ideal for the analysis of nuclear fuel materials which consist various elements.
|Area of Research
- Radiation biology
- Nuclear science
- Environmental science for radioisotopes
- Beamline Scientist : Noriko USAMI firstname.lastname@example.org
- WG Leader of Radiation Biology Users Group : Akinari YOKOYA (QST) email@example.com
- WG Leader of Nuclear Science Research Users Group : Yoshihiro OKAMOTO (JAEA) firstname.lastname@example.org
- The governmental law strictly limits usable amount of radioactivity. Users who wish to use radioisotopes should be contact with the beamline scientist in advance.
||Double crystal monochromator [Si(111)]
|Optics: Mirror or focusing devices
||Bent plane SiO2
||4 to 20 keV
||40 mm (H) x 6 mm (v) (not-focused)
minimum, 5 micro-meter square (microbeam for radiation biology)
0.3 Gy/s for 5.35 keV microbeam
- Irradiation apparatus for biological samples
Sample scanning systems can be available in order to irradiate samples wider than the beam size.
- XAFS spectrometer
- IRD Photodiode and free-air ionization chamber for radiobiological dose measurement
- Multi-element Ge SSD and gas-flow ionization chambers for XAFS
- H. Konishi et al., Nucl. Instrum. Methods, A372, 322 (1996) : [General description for BL-27A, B]
- K. Kobayashi, Proc. International School of Physics, Course CXXVII, p333 (1996) : [Detail of radiobiology apparatus and laboratory]
- K. Kobayashi et al., J. Biomed. Nanotech., 2, 116 (2006) : [Detail of microbeam irradiation system]
Last updated: 2019-4-25