KEK Top User Information Users Office Japanese Site map Links
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
  Residence card, etc
  Residence card
  & Moving in
  & Health Insurance
  Application forms

Residence Card & Notification of moving in
  & My number (Tax number ) & National Health Insurance

 Residence Card

 The residency management system will be applied to all foreign nationals residing legally in Japan for
 the mid- to long-term with resident status under the Immigration Control Act (hereinafter referred to
 as "mid- to long-term residents") and, moreover, foreign nationals who do not come under any of the
 following (1) through to (6).

  (1) Persons granted permission to stay for 3 months or less
  (2) Persons granted "Temporary Visitor" status
  (3) Persons granted "Diplomat" or "Official" status
  (4) Persons recognized by Ministry of Justice ordinance as equivalent to the foreign nationals in the
    aforementioned (1) to (3)
  (5) Special permanent residents
  (6) Persons with no resident status

 Moreover, because the new system will allow authorities to more accurately track resident status than
 with the previous system, it makes it possible to introduce measures that will improve the convenience
 of foreign nationals who legally reside in Japan, such as a maximum period of stay of five years instead
 of period of three years, and a new reentry permit system that waives reentry permit formalities for
 foreign nationals who leave and reenter Japan within one year of the date of their original departure.

 Notification of moving in & My number (Tax number)
                                                                                             <Access to Tsukuba city Hall>
  Notification of moving in

 Foreign residents who are eligible to receive a Residence Card need to do a procedure of notice of
 “Moving-in Notification” at the Tsukuba City Hall(Shimin-ka) within 14 days, when deciding on a
 new address.
 Please bring your Residence Card and Passport.

 Please see the PDF for procedure of the Notification of moving-in at the Tsukuba City Hall

How to fill application in a,i,u,e,o Chart Japanese Calender

 Notification of moving in ---- “Shimin-ka”(Tsukuba City Hall 1st floor)
  Business hours : 8:30 am – 17:15 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday)
  Business hours : 8:30 am – 20:00 (Thursday)

 ・Please see the New Resident Registration System for Foreign Residents (2012.07.09) pdf   

  My number (Tax number)

 There is information about "My number" in English, please see the Cabinet Secretariat web site. ya

 After having done a notice of Moving-in, a My number "notification card" is sent to your address.
 Please keep it carefully. Reissue fee is 500 yen.

 In the KEK Users Office, we perform support duties of noticing the “Moving-in Notification” to the
 Tsukuba City Hall as a part of support duties for the Users. Please contact us if you need our support.
 A passport and a document with your present address in Tsukuba are necessary for the notice of
 “Moving-in Notification”

 National Health Insurance

  It is necessary to apply for the National Health Insurance at a different counter at the same time to
 inform a notice of “Moving-in Notification” at Tsukuba City Hall.

 Notification of Moving-in and Notification of National Health Insurance is same sheet (carbon). So,
 you do not neet fill it out.

 The amount of National Health Insurance tax is calculated based on the subscriber's previous year's
 a lump-sum payment.
 total income and number of dependent family. It is divided into 9 installments. However you can make.

 Please see the PDF for procedure of the National Health Insurance application.pdf

  National Health Insurance --- “Kokumin-kenko-hoken-ka” (Tsukuba City Hall 1st floor #7)
   Business hours : 8:30 am – 17:15 (Monday – Friday)

 Please visit the Tsukuba City website to see more informatin:

 updated: 2019-12-03